What is the Church Review?
“ Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he see’s his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.”(John 5v19)
The church review is a process which started back in March this year. The purpose of it is to review all aspects of our church life together and make decisions about our future together.
We are so blessed to be on our journey, not alone, but with our loving Father. As we seek our direction as a Church, it is important, as Jesus did, to pray and look around, seeing what the Father is doing. Jesus in his ministry also asked many questions, it is important that we ask questions regarding our own lives, our church, our community and our world.
This phase is now complete. In this phase a small team, led by district mission co-ordinator Rev Rachel Deigh, conducted four small pieces of research and then discussed the implications together. The four topics were:
- Where have we come from? (Our History)
- What type of community are we based in? (Our Community)
- Where are we now? (Our Activities)
- How do we see ourselves? (Our Feedback)
Research Summary Video
This research is summarised in the video below. Please watch it if you want to contribute to this process.
Download Research Summaries
Download Detailed Research Results
Church Review Meeting Oct 15th
All church members and adherents are invited to a review meeting on October 15th 7pm on Zoom.
Before attending this meeting please watch the summary video (see above) or download and read the summary documents (also above).
In preparation for the meeting it may be helpful to ponder the following questions, as a response to what you have read, in preparation for our time together.
- What surprises you about the information?
- What are the needs in our community?
- What excites you?
- What are our strengths and weaknesses?
- Are there things we will have to change to move forward?
- Which direction is opening up to us?What shall our vision/ mission statement be?
- What are our aims, short, medium and long term?
- What should we do next to progress this?
You will also be encouraged to pose your own questions as we meet. We look forward to seeing you and hearing what you have to say.